Greetings, my friend..so nice to have you here. I want you to enjoy your stay and have selected wonderfully peaceful music for you..It you would rather browse in silence, feel free to disable the playlist...I won't mind...this is all for you.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Go Light your World

Christmas is past and I must admit...it was hard to feel joyful and hold peace in my heart in the aftermath of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary. Not that the world felt it any less, but living in Ct. and not being that far away made it hit even closer to home as you could feel the sadness in the air, dripping like honey...but, not in sweetness, but in grief, shock, disbelief and outrage.  I was so angry and immediately tried to vent my emotion and found myself waving a banner for gun control and the end of assault weapons...and I still do. But, somehow, I knew that was just a small bit of the answer. I then got angry that our country does not treat the mentally ill with serious conviction and that became a new banner to wave...and I still do. But, deep within my soul, I knew there was more and a banner that still needed to be raised. It was not enough for me to call my country to change...I needed to call myself to change and to action...so, I signed petitions and wrote my representatives. But, that was not enough either. I still felt like I was missing something. I saw the vigils and people lighting candles for a full week..tear stained faces and looks of dazed confusion as hundreds of teddy bears lay in the rain...a memorial to the innocents that were no longer here. We all lost our innocence in some respect that day. I then went to God on the holy night of Christmas and asked for help. My heart felt so broken and I felt so helpless...it was then that I heard the answer..the last and most important piece of the puzzle.
We must not just raise a banner, but raise our voices, raise our hands in service, carry our message to the broken..to the ill..to the unloveable...we must run towards the darkness to dispel it...and the only way to dispel it is with light...with the light that illuminated a stable and glowed around another innocent. He who is Light compels us to spread that light to others and that light is...love.  That is the answer. Love.  Love a million times over.  So...this is my Christmas wish and my promise...that I will try to answer the call...a million times over. I invite you to do the same..talk of hate and punishment and retribution only creates a larger darkness. Make a difference and go light your candle...run to the darkness...Go light your world...and raise your banner of Love.  Blessings be upon you in the coming year and may we be a world of peace and goodwill toward man.

4 comments:

  1. It's great to see a blog of this quality. I learned a lot of new things and I'm looking forward to see more like this. Thank you.teddy bears

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bertie so beautifully said. There is so much we all want to do but starting with LOVE is a good start.
    Hope you had a wonderful visit with your kids.

    Sending love
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bertie what a touching post. I could sense all that you were feeling. Thank you for sharing your raw emotions with us.

    I really loved the video 'Go Light Your World'. Life is so much bigger than our own little world and we all have so much we can do in all of our daily interactions to spread our Light and Love around the world. Thank you for sharing so beautifully I truly appreciated it.

    Blessings! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loves starts at home and with all those close to you. If you truly love, then it's easy to spread it around....to all. But some still hate, even though they won't admit it. Sad. Confusing.

    ReplyDelete

If comment form does not work, you can email me at kindred13spirits@yahoo.com to leave a comment!